Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

Let us embark on a journey...

"The process of bringing to life a book is the most seemingly hard yet intricately difficult feat I have ever encountered and embarked on. " - Me today

And then just to make it harder I decided to make a Kickstarter the kick off of the books first moments in real life. I'm that crazy yes, but I enjoy it.

So with that being said let me give you the first look at a little of the process behind choosing to do a Kickstarter namely the pin for this post.

The real reason I started out thinking about a Kickstarter was seeing the awesome Kickstarter by Jessica (Owen) Kara, author of "The summer king chronicles" who's Kickstarter really blew me away and started the gears in my mind turning to if it would be something worth trying for my first self published novel "From the Dust" coming out later this year.

My mind turning I soon realized being friends with and knowing some incredible artists I started to get in contact with and for the moment you'll have to live on the edge of your seat for the next few months as I post pieces of the items available on the Kickstarter. I know I'm killing you with anticipation but that's a good thing, it means you'll be excited trust me.

Today you get to see the first of the rewards, the limited addition pin specifically made for the Kickstarter. And of course to start it out beyond thinking I went to sketching out a few designs.
(I have promised myself that if the book hits a really amazing selling run I may make another pin to be sold on the "From the Dust" website but we shall have wait and see...)
 
Above you can see I went for a few different looks not really putting to much detail into it but getting an idea through. I researched Disney pins and pins in general to get a good idea of what a pin usually consists of and or how they looked. I went with the design second down on the left.
 
Next stage was refining the pin to something that could be used for the design,
Now you can see how the before clunky sketch turned into something much better.
 
Then it was off to finding a company to make the pins, I went with PinMart Inc. which is a fantastic group to work with! After a few online proofs and a few weeks later the pins arrived in hand.
 
 
As with anything this pin took around a month altogether to be made real from conception to in hand and will be just one of the many awesome rewards featured on the Kickstarter this fall hopefully in late October if everything goes according to plan.
 
 
With that said keep an eye out for more updates about the "From the Dust" Kickstarter, book trailer, website and more! And be sure to subscribe via email to the blog to get the fastest update on it all.
 
Until stop by again stay awesome people and stay tuned for more!
 
Anastasia out- 

No comments:

Post a Comment